Atlantic City Resource Directory
The May 2021 report by the Atlantic City Restart & Recovery Committee recommended building a community collaboration database. When a grant opportunity presented itself from the Institute of Museums and Library Science, the library included a web-based database in the proposal. In late fall 2021, the library was awarded the grant. This website along with a team of library employees including a new library Outreach Coordinator (Social Worker) would work with area organizations to build this resource of services, events and opportunities.
"The Bridge to Recovery" program has key objectives:
- Foster community engagement by collaborating with community partners.
- Conduct resource mapping of available services and programs to provide assistance to residents.
- Compile information and create the Atlantic City Resource Directory.
- Connect residents with the available services and programs.
- Conduct a public awareness campaign aimed at community partners and residents.
This project is focused on complementing rather than duplicating resources and services.